- Four brigades of voyageur canoes,
- Following wind and water from the north, south, east, and west,
- Converging …
- at the confluence of waters,
- on Asinabke—aka Victoria Island,
- at the foot of Parliament Hill,
- on Canada’s birthday, July 1, 2017.
Traditionally, voyageur canoes carried a cargo of furs and trade goods. For this voyage, these canoes will carry a different kind of payload—ideas, hopes and dreams. Our mission is to draw attention to the need for everyone, from citizen advocacy to the highest political echelons to the spirit of reconciliation—we want to see a Canada where all cultures can work and live together in peace and harmony and justice, and to also highlight reconciliation with the ecosystems that support us.